The creative impulses of man are always at war with the possessive impulses.
~ Van Wyck Brooks
Van Wyck Brooks
If you want to do amazing things in your life, then you’ll need to let go of some or most of the things that are holding you back from true creativity — your possessions. It’s impossible to move freely about if you’re burdened by the things that you’re attached to emotionally and physically. Let go of the stuff that doesn’t really matter in your life and focus on what does: your survival, health, friendships, spirituality and career. Letting go will get you going and doing things you never imagined you could ever do. Soar above the clouds and fix your eyes on what is most important in life: self-enlightenment. Once you find it, you will have found what no possession in life can offer. So, try being more creative with your impulses and less possessive with them and you’ll be on your way to greater achievements.
“A healthy soul needs a steady diet of dreaming, adventure, creativity, friendship, pleasure, and love.”
~ James Filbird
If you want to have a healthy soul that will enable you to truly enjoy all that life can bring you, then follow this diet plan:
1) A daily dose of dreams that inspire and motivate you
2) An adventure or two each year to someplace exotic and exciting
3) A mixture of creativity, i.e., writing, drawing, painting, singing, dancing, etc.
4) A batch of friends who will always support and criticize you when you need it
5) An endless amount of pleasure as long as it doesn’t hurt you or anyone else
6) Sweet love that is shared with all and is never taken for granted
Instructions: Mix together vigorously each and everyday with passion, purpose, pride and with playful people who enjoy feeding their soul just as much as you do.
Note: This diet is not fattening, but will cause spiritual obesity. Followed properly, this diet will add more years to your life!
Posted in Life, Love, My Quotes
Tagged Creativity, diet, Dieting, dreams, Enlightenment, health, inspirational quotes, Life, Love, music, Philosophy, Quotes, Relationships, Romance, soul, success